The office will be closed on Monday, May 29 for Memorial Day.
Stay up-to-date on office closures and other news. You can also sign up for email alerts using the subscription form to the right.
We will not have allergy shots tomorrow, Tuesday, April 25.
The office will be closed on Tuesday, March 14 due to winter weather.
The office will be closed on Monday, December 26 and Monday, January 2. Happy holidays!
The office will close at 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday, November 23.
We will be closed on Thanksgiving (November 24) and the day after.
We will not have allergy shots on Election Day, Tuesday, November 8.
As the American healthcare system has evolved over the past several years, small independent medical practices have started to become a thing of the past. There is increasing pressure for doctors to become employees of enormous corporate systems such as INOVA. We continue to enjoy taking care of our patients’ medical needs, and want to keep on practicing medicine the way we have done for the past 25+ years.
As you have noticed, we have begun instituting fees for various activities that take a great deal of administrative time. This is the price we all pay to stay in business. We hope that you understand.
We would like to highlight our current fees:
- Refills: We are now charging $15 as a flat fee for prescription refills. You will not be charged for prescriptions received during an office visit. Because some people are on multiple medications, or require monthly written refills for certain medications, this will be capped at $90 per year.
- Medical Reports/Physical Forms: $10- $150
- “Prior-Authorizations”—obtaining insurance approval for medications: $45
- Missed Appointment and Same Day Cancellation: $35
- Missed Physical Appointment: $75
- Physical Exam: A regular “check-up” or “physical” consists of two parts. The first part is the “preventive” service, which is completely covered by your insurance. There is no cost to you. This includes a complete review of “preventive” medical services (Are you due for a colonoscopy? Have you had your mammogram? Are you due for any vaccinations? etc.). The second part of a physical is considered by your insurance company to be “routine.” This includes time spent diagnosing and treating your medical issues. If you have a “deductible” or Health Savings Account, you will be billed for this part of your “physical.”
Thank you for your patience as we work to keep our practice sustainable in this new situation. We value you as a continuing patient.
Robert S. Enelow, MD Stuart I. Henochowicz, MD
Because of increasingly burdensome insurance regulations and the need to have a larger staff to deal with these requirements, there will be a fee of $15.00 for prescription refills, effective August 1, 2016.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS CHARGE WILL NOT BE APPLIED WHEN YOU ARE IN THE OFFICE whether for an appointment or a lab visit. This fee is not for each individual prescription. If you or your pharmacy request the refill of more than one medication there will be only one charge.
Thank you so much for continuing to work with us as we navigate our cumbersome health insurance system.
Robert S. Enelow, MD Stuart I. Henochowicz, MD
We will be upgrading burkemed.net over the weekend. The website will not be accessible starting at 6 p.m. on Friday, March 18. The upgrade will be complete by Monday morning.
If you need to contact one of the doctors or physician assistants over the weekend, send them an email:
Thank you for your patience as we improve our website!
The office will be closed tomorrow (Monday, January 25). We will reopen on Tuesday at 8 a.m.
The office will be open at 10 a.m. on Monday, January 25.
Stay safe in the storm!
Our office hours during the holidays:
Open until noon on Dec. 24
Closed Dec. 25
Open until noon on Dec. 31
Closed on Jan. 1
There will be no allergy shots on Dec. 24 and 31.
Have a wonderful holiday!
The office will close at 3 p.m. tomorrow (Wednesday, November 25) for the Thanksgiving holiday. We will reopen on Monday, November 30.
The office will be closed on Thursday, November 26 and Friday, November 27. Happy Thanksgiving!
The office will be closed Monday September 7th in celebration of Labor Day.
The office will be closed on Friday, July 3 in celebration of Independence Day.
The office will be closed for Memorial Day on Monday, May 25th. We will reopen on Tuesday the 26th. Enjoy the weekend!
If you would like a prescription refilled, please call your pharmacy. We are no longer accepting refills through the website. Please call your pharmacy to determine if the refill was completed.
If you have any questions about refilling your prescription, please contact the office.
Attention Allergy Shot Patients,
Allergy shots will now be given on Tuesdays from 1:30-5:30 and Thursdays from 1:30-5:30. They will no longer be given on Mondays.