The office will be closed Thursday, July 4 and Friday, July 5, 2019.
Stay up-to-date on office closures and other news. You can also sign up for email alerts using the subscription form to the right.
The office will be closed on Wednesday, February 20 due to inclement weather.
The office will be closed on Monday, January 14 due to snow.
We are pleased to announce the addition of Dr. Amy Kossoff to our practice. She is an Integrative Medicine MD with a focus on acupuncture and clinical hypnosis. With over 30 years of experience in the practice of internal medicine, she brings a blend of eastern and western practices to her patients. If you're interested in learning more about what Dr. Kossoff does and how her treatments may benefit you, please contact the office.
Please note our holiday schedule:
The office will close at 3 p.m. on Wednesday, November 21 and remain closed through Friday, November 23 for Thanksgiving.
We will be closed Monday, December 24 and Tuesday, December 25 for Christmas.
The office will be open on Monday, December 31. We will close on Tuesday, January 1 for New Year’s Day.
Our holiday hours are available on the homepage our website, burkemed.net.
Holiday Office Hours
Wed. Nov. 21 - office closes at 3 p.m.
🦃 Thu. Nov. 22 - office closed
Fri. Nov. 23 - office closed
Mon. Dec. 24 - office closed
🎅🏼 Tue. Dec. 25 - office closed
Mon. Dec. 31 - office open
🎉 Tue. Jan. 1 - office closed
The office will be closed from 3 p.m. on Friday, May 25th until the morning of Tuesday, May 29. We will be open during normal business hours on Tuesday.
The last allergy shot on Tuesday, May 22 will be given at 5 p.m.
The office will be closed on Wednesday, March 21 due to inclement weather.
We now have wifi to make your visit more convenient. Enjoy!
The office will close at noon on Wednesday, November 22, and will remain closed through Friday. We will reopen with regular hours on Monday, November 27.
The office will be closed for Labor Day on Monday, September 4.
The office will be closed on Tuesday, July 4th. Happy Independence Day!
The office will be closed on Monday, May 29 for Memorial Day.
We will not have allergy shots tomorrow, Tuesday, April 25.
The office will be closed on Tuesday, March 14 due to winter weather.
The office will be closed on Monday, December 26 and Monday, January 2. Happy holidays!
The office will close at 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday, November 23.
We will be closed on Thanksgiving (November 24) and the day after.
We will not have allergy shots on Election Day, Tuesday, November 8.
As the American healthcare system has evolved over the past several years, small independent medical practices have started to become a thing of the past. There is increasing pressure for doctors to become employees of enormous corporate systems such as INOVA. We continue to enjoy taking care of our patients’ medical needs, and want to keep on practicing medicine the way we have done for the past 25+ years.
As you have noticed, we have begun instituting fees for various activities that take a great deal of administrative time. This is the price we all pay to stay in business. We hope that you understand.
We would like to highlight our current fees:
- Refills: We are now charging $15 as a flat fee for prescription refills. You will not be charged for prescriptions received during an office visit. Because some people are on multiple medications, or require monthly written refills for certain medications, this will be capped at $90 per year.
- Medical Reports/Physical Forms: $10- $150
- “Prior-Authorizations”—obtaining insurance approval for medications: $45
- Missed Appointment and Same Day Cancellation: $35
- Missed Physical Appointment: $75
- Physical Exam: A regular “check-up” or “physical” consists of two parts. The first part is the “preventive” service, which is completely covered by your insurance. There is no cost to you. This includes a complete review of “preventive” medical services (Are you due for a colonoscopy? Have you had your mammogram? Are you due for any vaccinations? etc.). The second part of a physical is considered by your insurance company to be “routine.” This includes time spent diagnosing and treating your medical issues. If you have a “deductible” or Health Savings Account, you will be billed for this part of your “physical.”
Thank you for your patience as we work to keep our practice sustainable in this new situation. We value you as a continuing patient.
Robert S. Enelow, MD Stuart I. Henochowicz, MD
Because of increasingly burdensome insurance regulations and the need to have a larger staff to deal with these requirements, there will be a fee of $15.00 for prescription refills, effective August 1, 2016.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS CHARGE WILL NOT BE APPLIED WHEN YOU ARE IN THE OFFICE whether for an appointment or a lab visit. This fee is not for each individual prescription. If you or your pharmacy request the refill of more than one medication there will be only one charge.
Thank you so much for continuing to work with us as we navigate our cumbersome health insurance system.
Robert S. Enelow, MD Stuart I. Henochowicz, MD